Our client is an organization that provides marketing solutions, built using technology as the foundation, to solve the real problems of retail merchants. They serve businesses, franchises and corporations, local and global, covering about 24,000 Business Locations. They help increase their customers’ revenue by using data analytics and intelligence to determine meaningful business actions.
The client’s aim was to build a suite of technology solutions that would help local merchants and franchises to manage their digital brand and generate more business. The platform is intended as a one-stop-shop for managing online reputation, alerting & providing appropriate response to customer reviews, acquiring competitive intelligence, driving online promotions and more importantly, identifying what matters to their consumers.
The end customers of this client are predominantly in consumer services business, which means that all top social media sites become target forums to monitor and mine customers. In terms of technology challenge, this translated to flexibility, performance and scalability. The solution has to be designed in such a way that it could cope up with the ever-changing designs of these sites. The solution has to be capable of extracting and analysing billions of customer reviews, within specific time constraints. Plus, the solution needs to be scalable to accommodate new industry types, new sites and also new country additions. Congruent was able to address these challenges by designing elastic solutions that leverage cloud offerings from different providers.
Congruent has the privilege of being the trusted technology partner of this client and works closely with the management team to understand their vision and then architect,
design and deliver solutions that work exactly as envisioned. Fundamental to the solution suite is the ‘Social media listening’ framework built by Congruent, to monitor the business listing and extract customer reviews from several social media sites such as
Facebook, Yelp, Google+, Four Square, Trip Advisor, Super Pages, Yahoo, Groupon and CitySearch.
The data gathered from this framework is further analyzed to deliver the following
• Business Listing Management – where merchants will be able to view and update business information on top sites, all in one place, to eliminate confusion & get found online
• Reputation Management – get alerts of new reviews and respond with a single click using suggested replies
• Competitive Intelligence – pick the competitors to track, get alerts of their promotions, see how customers respond and compare against their strengths and weaknesses
• Promotions Management – Easily create and distribute promotions via mobile, social and email and track results
• Topic Classification & Sentiment Analytics – The millions of extracted reviews are converted into relevant themes like Price, Product, Service and Surroundings, and also given a sentiment rating. This is used to statistically determine which themes
have the greatest impact on revenue and further deliver specific insights that are most important to increasing revenue.
Merchants who subscribed to the product and services of this client, are typically
• Able to witness 40-50% increase on their Facebook likes and Google+ views. To quote a specific instance, a pizzeria was able to achieve close to 10,000 Google search views within 50 days, which resulted in 754 clicks to their website and 316 phone calls directly to their restaurant.
• Increase customer traffic and repeat business. A relevant example is a full service bridal shop which was able to increase its annual sales by 33.7%
AWS, Python (NLTK libraries), PHP, Casper JS, Node JS, Express JS, MYSQL, MongoDB, varnish, Nagios, Mule ESB